Are you yearning to accomplish something amazing in your life? Do you constantly compare yourself to others who have succeeded and feel depressed or sad? Are you sick of feeling like a failure or an underdog when there are others thriving and succeeding in life?
No matter how many times you have felt like a loser in life and given up, success can be yours even if you have a life track record of failure. The good news is that failure can turn out for your blessing and help you create your success; if you learn how to use it properly.
Successful people were once losers too!
If you study the lives of successful people you will be enlightened to discover that a large amount of them experienced a lot more poverty, setbacks and failures than most people do!
Look at Walt Disney as a pure example. His dream of establishing Disney Land has brought so much happiness into the lives of many people around the world - yet this amazing success story was created amidst lots of pain, failure and financial struggle in Walt’s life.
Keep your dream - even in the face of rejection
Walt Disney kept on believing in his work even though it was rejected by so many powerful people in the animation industry. His beloved creation of Mickey Mouse was turned down so many times but that still didn’t stop Walt from giving up! He believed so strongly in his dream – giving up was not an option. Walt was determined to make Mickey Mouse into a success- and that he did!
Successful people tolerated failure
Like Walt Disney and so many other successful people, you have to learn to cultivate a high tolerance for frustration. The truth is that you can’t always get whatever you want on your first attempt at something. To believe this is only going to make you weak and want to give up on your dreams without a fight.
Walt Disney didn’t throw away his sketches of Mickey at the first rejection he received- he never let any critic make him give up on his dream! If you can learn to get over failing and being rejected and not give up then you will also achieve your dream. Tolerating and getting over failure is one of the biggest secrets to success.
The dynamics of successful people
If you want to become successful in life you have to be prepared to master this 3 step formula:
1. You have to be hard-headed: This means that if you want to become successful you have to be determined to not allow your emotions to affect your decisions.
You may feel as though you’re not making any progress after working so hard and so long. You may also feel like giving up out of frustration because things aren’t going the way you expected them and it’s too hard. But if you detach yourself and not let these negative emotions stop you from taking further action on your dream you’re guaranteed to succeed. So besides your negative emotions, keep doing what you have to do to accomplish your dream.
2. You have to be long suffering: You have to learn how to bear your problems with patience. If you are able to wait for a long time for your dream to materialise and not give up on it then you will reach your dream and achieve success.
When we were establishing Dream Believe and Manifest there were so many times we were confronted with rejections, setbacks and problems that we were tempted to escape them by giving up. Fortunately, we cultivated the ability to be long suffering and endured our problems.
One of the main ways we did this was through our faith in God. We knew there was a higher force outside of us that had the ability to make all the wrongs right – if we only pressed on.
3) Try until you discover the winning formula: To become successful you have to learn to see failure as an educational experience instead of a sign to stop. You may have to try many times until you reach your goal but keep on attempting new things until you discover the right strategy to reach your success.
Maybe you have to try 100 hundred different methods that won’t work - but as long as you keep on pushing and trying you will definitely receive your reward!
Simply stated, to become successful in life you have to:
- keep persisting in the face of failure
- keep trying new methods when you don’t get results
- Detaching from your failures and not getting emotional over them
- Overcoming your obstacles
- Disregard the doors slammed in your face until you finally get what you want; knock until you a door is opened to you